This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
hash.c and _stat variants
- From: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- To: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:38:05 -0600
- Subject: hash.c and _stat variants
I was going through my newlib patches and found where
I had undone your change and used the version without
2012-08-08 Corinna Vinschen <email@example.com>
* libc/search/hash.c: Throughout use underscored variants of
RTEMS doesn't have _stat, _fstat, _stat64, _fstat64 or _mkdir. We do have
the version without _. Looking in sys/stat.h, it appears that these
are part of the libgloss support but we didn't notice needing them
until you made this change.
RTEMS provides its own mkdir() so we can ignore _mkdir().
But to use hash.c, we need to address the four stat calls.
I see two possibilities:
+ Define _stat -> stat, etc. This would be a conditional
in newlib's sys/stat.h.
+ Implement simple _XXX wrappers for RTEMS.
Which would be better in your opinion?
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research& Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35806
Support Available (256) 722-9985