This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Re: Problem with building PDFs
W dniu 2013-01-20 21:02, Joel Sherrill pisze:
I didn't look into your log. But just to make sure
they built, I did this:
And it built fine. This was on a machine Fedora 16 but
the texinfo RPM is this:
Something not being installed, being recent enough,
too recent and broken, or not having some backend
installed are all possibilities.
Well, I guess that it might be something like parts of newlibs texi
files not being completely correct and the very recent texinfo package
catching that... Or it's broken (; It's not very likely to be missing
something - I've been building stuff (with PDFs) on that OS for over a
year now, and I haven't removed anything - just upgraded...
Any ideas for solution are appreciated, as I'm not a regular Linux user
and don't know all the quirks - I've googled around that errors I'm
seeing but couldn't find anything useful... /; Things I've seen were
mostly bug reports without a described solution but marked as fixed in a
next release of some software/distro, so I just don't know what to do /;
I've got complete texinfo package from Arch Linux, it says the package
version is 4.13a-7, apart from that:
- texinfo [version 2012-11-08.11]
- pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.4-1.40.13 (TeX Live 2012/Arch Linux)
- `epsf.tex' v2.7.4 <14 February 2011>
(these three above come from the build log of PDFs)
Later I'll try your commands (without any fancy switches I've got now)
and I'll see what the result is...