This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
RE: Patch for faster memcpy on MIPS
- From: "Ellcey, Steve" <sellcey at mips dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "newlib at sourceware dot org" <newlib at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 17:42:21 +0000
- Subject: RE: Patch for faster memcpy on MIPS
- References: <CABu31nPf8OGoTkcekJEAvbU9GrJHBsCyzmegpaKPLDaxyLD0Rw@mail.gmail.com>
> From: Steven Bosscher [email@example.com]
> Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:55 AM
> To: Ellcey, Steve
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: Patch for faster memcpy on MIPS
> This breaks something for me.
> Building cross-compilers from powerpc64 to mips worked before, but now
> I get a lot of errors from the assembler:
> Error: Illegal operands `ld t4,((4)*8)($5)'
> Error: Illegal operands `ld t5,((5)*8)($5)'
> etc. (60 errors in total)
Sorry for not responding sooner but can you tell me what version of the assembler you are using to compile newlib? It looks like the assembler does not understand the 64 bit load and store instructions.
You can probably work around this by unsetting USE_DOUBLE in the memcpy.S source file but I would like to understand why your assembler is not accepting the sd/ld instructions.