Re: runFinalization in Classloader.initialize doesn't run on cacao

Jeroen Frijters a écrit :

>Olivier Jolly wrote:
>

>>Ok, I feared something like this. However, the way this test
>>is written seems very obscure (to me at least). Could you advise me
>>

>why
>

>>is the class loader created with an exception thrown in the
>>

>constructor
>

>>and then the reference to the semi-created instance  is retrieved in
>>

>the
>

>>finalizer. And then I wonder why it then raises SecurityException
>>instead of ClassFormatError. I reread about the finalizer semantic and
>>the ClassLoader api without finding a clue.
>>

>Read http://www.securingjava.com/chapter-five/chapter-five-8.html for a
>description of the class loader attack that this is simulating.

Okey, it does make perfect sense now. Thanks for the test and the info.
If you don't mind, I'll add comments to your testlet and link to this url.
And, then, we don't have any test which checks ClassLoader.getPackages
behaviour, I'm getting on this.

>Regards,

Thanks again, take care

>Jeroen