Re: Java 5 features

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> writes:

Michael> What is the state of support for the Java 5 language features
Michael> in Mauve?  Is it okay to use Generics and Enums and such
Michael> stuff in testcases that are tagged "1.5"? I would like to
Michael> commit some testcases that use Generics and Enums to test
Michael> some stuff in GNU classpath generics branch.

Michael> What's your opinion?

The problem with doing this is that it means that parts of Mauve
won't compile against classpath head.  This in turn means that an
eclipse checkout will always show errors.

I suppose if we put these tests into a segregated part of the
directory tree we could easily turn them off in the eclipse build.
Perhaps we could just disable eclipse compilation of individual
files, I haven't looked...

Another idea would be to make a generics branch for mauve and then
merge it when we do the merge for classpath.

Tom