RE: Object.clone() out of memory tests

Stephen Crawley wrote:
> "Jeroen Frijters" <jeroen@sumatra.nl> wrote:
> > I'd like to move the out of memory test in
> > gnu/testlet/java/lang/object/clone.java to a separate file. The test
> > makes my system unbearably slow (because it pushes all memory to the
> > swap file) so it would be nice to be able to disable to separately.
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> None from me.

I made the change.

> It would be nice if there was a convention of flagging tests
> that are in some way VM or environment specific so that they could be
> deselected in a Mauve key file.

Yeah. On the other hand one could also argue that these tests don't
belong in Mauve, but in the VM specific test suites. It turns out that
the OutOfMemoryError test that I moved is also a bit dubious, because it
tries to predict when the VM will throw an OutOfMemoryError, but the
spec says nothing about this, it's perfectly legal for the VM to throw
an OutOfMemoryError for a small allocation, but later on allow a larger
allocation (e.g. due to environmental effects).

Regards,
Jeroen