RE: Some issues..

Mark Wielaard writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 11:11, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
 > > Mark Wielaard wrote:

 > > > Aha. And it uses Runtime.exec()... Which wasn't properly
 > > > implemented in GNU Classpath proper. But we have it now (almost)!
 > > >
 > > > ow that I can run it I see that kaffe, jamvm and gij all fail most of
 > > > the tests. Each of IL bin_01 till IL bin_18 fails 5 or 6 times giving:
 > > > 107 of 125 tests failed
 > >
 > > I never really payed attention to this test, but now I see that it is
 > > *nix specific (using shell script <shiver>).
 > >
 > > What is the policy for Mauve? I realise most of you don't care
 > > about/for Windows, but personally I do.

 > > So I support Mark's earlier suggestion/request to move this to a
 > > separate section.

Well, alright, as long as you don't have to run it separately if you
are on a *nix system.

 > There is always Cygwin <http://cygwin.com/>

I think Windows has its own *nix compatible subsystem now.  But I'm
not an expert...

 > But I do think it might be better to separate out this test from the
 > rest of Mauve proper. On the other hand, if you have a non-GNUish/Posix
 > system then you can always disable this one test. Separating it out
 > without a mechanism for running the tests on multiple systems isn't
 > really worth it I guess.

I don't see the problem, really.  If it doesn't run on some system,
what is lost?  All that happens is a few test failures.

There's no reason why someone who is using an unfree OS can't rewrite
this test in pure Java if they really need it.  But I note that this
shell script will work even on MacOS these days.

Andrew.