Re: Some issues..

Mark Wielaard writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:30, Andrew Haley wrote:
 > > Mark Wielaard writes:
 > >  > Which script is this?
 > >
 > > Err, the one in the BinaryCompatibility directory...
 > >
 > > It's called `foo', of course!  :-)
 >
 > Aha. Wow. I never found that before.
 > Ehe, how do you use/invoke it?

It gets invoked automatically when you run Mauve, at least on my
system.  BinaryCompatibilityTest.java is the driver that invokes it.

 > I tried setting JAVA/JAVAC/GCJ as variables before invoking foo, but in
 > all cases it fails in weird and wonderful ways either compiling or
 > running. One issue seems to be that it does want the gnu/testlet/*.java
 > files, but this is never specified in its classpath or sourcepath.

Well, I can't really understand the problem.

BinaryCompatibilityTest.java is tagged JDK1.1, so it gets run along
with the rest of Mauve.  It then does all the grunt work and runs the
test.  So, if it fails, something else is wrong.

 > >  > Is it documented?
 > >
 > > Yeah, right.
 >
 > :)
 > I admit to be guilty of not documenting my batch_run and runner script.
 > But a little blurb in the README wouldn't hurt.
 > If I promise to add something about my scripts, could you add something
 > about yours? At least how to invoke the thing...
 >
 > >  > Might it be a good idea to add these tests to a separate module
 > >  > like the visual tester and the verifier tests since they are
 > >  > actually different from the rest of the mauve core library tests?
 > >
 > > Can you please be a little more specific about this?
 >
 > Since it seem to not be integrated with the rest of the tests (but I
 > might be wrong about this since I couldn't get them working at all)

It is, it is!

I want it to be run whenever we run Mauve.

Andrew.