Re: new test cases (long)

Hi Raif,

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 17:17, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> the tests are to ensure that the mandated (as per public Javadoc 1.3.1
> and 1.4.1) minimal character encodings are supported by the bytecode
> interpreter.
> [...]
> +	* gnu/testlet/java/lang/String/getBytes14: new test

Here you test for "ISO8859_15". I looked here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/nio/charset/Charset.html
but couldn't see where it said this is a required character set.
Is it really required or just nice to have since the Sun implementation
supports it? (Which might still be a good reason to add them to Mauve,
but then I would like to label them explicitly as such.)

Also you seem to test (in getBytes13) for the "historical names" for
which I couldn't find a definition. Do you know where they are
specified? InputStreamReader and OutputStreamWriter getEncoding() are
supposed to return them but they don't document what they actually look
like.

Cheers,

Mark