Re: Time for libffi release tarball?

On 14.05.2017 03:30, Sergei Trofimovich via libffi-discuss wrote:
> Hello libffi devs!
>
> GHC (http://www.haskell.org/ghc/), a portable haskell compiler,
> uses libffi to implement calls into and back from C.
>
> Latest libffi-3.2.1 was released on November 12, 2014.
>
> One of problematic targets is ARMv7 iOS (clang):
>
> A few relevant commits:
>     https://github.com/libffi/libffi/commit/bc4fc07aa58df6d7fa90b57d305d58eef96a0416
>     https://github.com/libffi/libffi/commit/e3d2812ce43940aacae5bab2d0e965278cb1e7ea
>
> What do you think of releasing libffi tarball with these fixes?
>
> Would it make sense to cut libffi releases roughly at the same
> time major gcc releases are cut?
>
> This email is mostly the same ping from
>     https://github.com/libffi/libffi/issues/296
>
> Thank you!

Two days ago, I did a libffi trunk test build, see
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=libffi&suite=experimental

found a regression building on x86_64-linux-gnux32 (see issue #306).

Yes, I think a release is really needed, but unfortunately there was no feedback
since my last question from October 2016.  There is the #libffi channel on
Freenode as well, but I didn't see agreen there either for a long time.

Matthias