libffi on i386 Plan9/APE

Hi

I managed to sort-of build libffi on Plan9 under the ANSI-POSIX ENVIRONMENT.
On this OS only a static library can be built.

The configure choked on a couple of things assuming GNU coreutils-behavior
(the command "cut" does not exist, and I needed to sed away a couple of
options from ls and mv), so I ended up manually adjusting files that failed to
be configured  (so there is lots of room for improvements on my port).

Two files under x86 (unix.S and sysv.S) are GAS ASM, which is different from
Plan9 ASM so they could not be compiled into objects. Are there C variants of
those files available?

Are those two object files essential for libffi function? What are the
relevant tests to do of libffi.a ?