Re: libffi merge

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Andrew Haley wrote:

> Merge docs and configury from libffi to cc.  Bump libffi version.
>
> Andrew.
>
> 2009-06-08  Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>
>
> 	Import from libffi 3.0.8:
>
> 	* doc/libffi.texi: New file.
> 	* doc/libffi.info: Likewise.

We do not generally check .info files into the GCC repository; instead, we
arrange for --enable-generated-files-in-srcdir to build them in the source
directory (but the default to build them in the build directory so a
source directory on a readonly filesystem or chmoded readonly works) for
use when building release tarballs.  libgomp provides a suitable example
of such an automake-using directory with a Texinfo manual in GCC.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com