Re: [Python-Dev] (libffi) Re: Copyright issue

On 1/28/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin@v.loewis.de> wrote:
> Thomas Heller wrote:
> > Can anyone of the python-dev core team comment: can we live with the GPL
> > licensed aclocal.m4 file, in the source distribution and in SVN?
>
> My understanding that doing so would be in violation of section 2b) of
> the GPL.
>
> However, I still think it is possible to include libffi - we just have
> to discard the build process, and do our own.

I did some work to make ctypes+libffi compacter and liberal.
http://openlook.org/svnpublic/ctypes-compactffi/  (svn)

I removed sources/gcc and put sources/libffi copied from gcc 4.0.2.
And removed all automake-related build processes and integrated
them into setup.py. There's still aclocal.m4 in sources/libffi. But
it is just identical to libffi's acinclude.m4 which looks liberal.

Hye-Shik