AW: BZ #21361 backport to version prior 2.26? Was: +

Sudler, Simon simon.sudler@siemens.com
Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 GMT 2017

Hi Tulio,

> Hi Simon,
>
> "Sudler, Simon" <simon.sudler@siemens.com> writes:
>
> > I noticed, that the #21361 (CVE-2017-12132) issue was fixed for 2.26, but was not applied in the any older release branches. The patch
> applies perfectly for the code with the vulnerability, only the tests requires some backporting.
>
> It was also backported to glibc 2.25:
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=glibc.git;h=47db584c74e2bbcf1ba55e62d949c1a738da5e0a
>
> > Is there any reason why this issue has not been fixed in any older release?
>
> Because no one proposed this backport.  ;-)
>
> Are you looking for a backport for a particular version?

I am locking at version 2.23. However I do believe that the backport/patch would work on any version from 2.20-24. I will try to backport the tests, since the actual code changes applies without any problem.

I was just wondering, why no one was locking into this. This glibc version is used by many distros and the CVE is also unpatched there.

Regards,
Simon