Re: [COMMITTED] fi_FI: Define yesstr, nostr

Requiring a programmer to convert initial characters to upper/lower case
moots the point of having locale data. Many languages (e.g. Japanese,
Chinese) don't even have upper and lower case. How is a programmer
supposed to know generalities about all the world's languages? Isn't
that why we have locale data?

When writing an app, I have no idea how some obscure language (e.g.
Finnish, which is not obscure to me, but is to most programmers) uses
upper and lower case letters.

I think the key point is to document the expected usage of key values
properly. When use cases are specified explicitly, translators can write
good values for key values, and programmers know when using a value is
appropriate and when not. If a programmer encounters a situation not
documented anywhere, he/she can post a request to add such a key value
to CLDR and to glibc.

Also, just because we don't have referable programs which use yesstr
etc., doesn't mean many people don't use them, and expect them to be
correct for their programs.

As an aside, if Marko says capitalization is appropriate in this case, I
trust his judgement. He is a member of the Kotoistus team and is able to
ask Finnish language experts for confirmation for his case, so at least
from a usage, linguistic and grammatical perspective he has certain
authority in the matter.

Troy Korjuslommi