Re: GLibc hang on in gethostbyname

On 9/5/19 7:21 AM, David Ignjić wrote:
> Probably, i don't think its hw problem this happen in our both hosting
> centres only what is in my mind we have running machines on vm with  qemu.

The lookup function is fairly straight forward, it locks upon entry, and
then unlocks on exit. You don't appear to have duplicate stack frames
in the backtrace (no recussion), and you also don't appear to have any
signal handlers in the backtrace (AS-safety issues).

Speaking of serial execution orderings there is no way this results in
deadlock unless:

* The compiler did something unexpected.

* The memory for the lock was corrupted.

Is there a point at which this didn't happen? Are you able bisect if the
version of glibc makes a difference?