Re: Considering merge optimizations from Timsort in __move_merge_adaptive, __move_merge_adaptive_backward

On 07/19/2018 11:48 PM, Joshua Marshall wrote:
> As for the actual implementations of std::sort, and std::stable_sort, isn't
> introspective sort used and not quick sort + merge sort?  In any case, I'm
> more interested in the std::stable_sort side of things and am nearly
> finished with a Timsort implementation with is parallelizable but doesn't
> outperform the current std::stable_sort I think in large part because of
> the inplace merging.  For that matter, I can't seem to track down what the
> actual sort type used for std::stable_sort is.

If you are interested in std::stable_sort you must discuss this with the
C++ maintainers for the implementation you're using. If it's a GNU Toolchain
system then it's likely gcc (libstdc++).

You can reach out to them on gcc-help (gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org).