This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
POSIX conformance question
- From: "Olton, Chris" <Chris dot Olton at iti-global dot com>
- To: "libc-help at sourceware dot org" <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 03:23:44 +0000
- Subject: POSIX conformance question
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
When we use the -ansi flag and include string.h, strdup isn't included. I don't know the rationale for keeping POSIX out when doing this, but that's not really my question. I understand I can still have this functionality if I define _POSIX_C_SOURCE to be >= 200809, but my question is why do I have to use this version? Why couldn't I use an earlier POSIX version (e.g. 200112) which also has strdup?