This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
How to upstream glibc patch?
- From: Hongbo Zhang <hongbo dot zhang at linaro dot org>
- To: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 15:04:37 +0800
- Subject: How to upstream glibc patch?
I've already upstreamed some patches to kernel and uboot, but glibc's patch
upstreaming seems different.
I know here is the wiki page
but something is still unclear for me, especially the changelog.
for example I do like this:
git format-patch -1
then I get:
2018-06-08 Hongbo Zhang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* sysdeps/aarch64/multiarch/memcpy.c (libc_ifunc):
* sysdeps/aarch64/multiarch/memmove.c (libc_ifunc):
* sysdeps/aarch64/multiarch/memset.c (libc_ifunc):
* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/aarch64/cpu-features.h (IS_PHECDA):
then what is the next?
I copy these texts into my patch file as a part of commit message?
I see it is blank after each colon in the changlog generated above, should
I add some message manually? or leaving them blank is acceptable?