Re: fopen from within a pthread

Thanks Carlos (and Paul),

I am aware of this...what I wasn't aware of was thread specific arenas.

However that said and understood...it does generate a couple of questions
in my mind:

1) Why doesn't the main program [thread] allocate a 64MB arena? In that
little test program I posted the heap is only 132KB; which leaves me to
wonder why can't the same approach be used for child threads? If I reduce
the MALLOC_ARENA_MAX to 1, the [virtual] memory consumption is the same for
both tests (fopen in thread or in main)...

2) Why can't the initial / default [thread-specific] arena size be changed?

Cheers,

Martin