Re: About JSON output generated by "bench-malloc-thread"

On 1 February 2018 at 20:38, Francesco <francesco.montorsi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think it's better to change the benchmark utility to generate a JSON
> that complies with existing JSON schema or rather write a new schema for
> that utility?

The schema and parser script should change to adapt to the benchmark
output.  If the differences between the standard benchout schema and
malloc schema are minimal then just edit the standard schema.
Otherwise create a new parser script and schema for malloc.

> Actually I already transferred copyright to FSF for a patch I contributed to
> coreutils a while ago (several years ago actually)... not sure if that's
> enough

IIRC the FSF agreement is for specific projects, so you may have
signed the assignment only for coreutils and you may have to sign a
separate one for glibc.  The friendly FSF clerks at assign@gnu.org
will be able to answer that question more comprehensively.

Siddhesh
--
http://siddhesh.in