Re: About JSON output generated by "bench-malloc-thread"

On 1 February 2018 at 16:17, Francesco <francesco.montorsi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was curious to run some benchmarks for different allocators and I found
> out the benchtests/bench-malloc-thread utility.
> However apparently it's producing a JSON output that is not following the
> "benchout.schema.json" schema presnt under benchtests/scripts. Is this a
> known/desired behavior?
> (this is on latest git master branch)
>
> How am I supposed to graph the results of that benchmark utility?
>
> This is what I get calling "compare_bench.py":

That schema is for the results in bench.out, which is for simpler
functions and not for strings or malloc.  I never wrote a script for
malloc benchmarks since I never needed it.  It might not be very hard
to fix the script up for malloc, I'll take a look over the weekend and
push a fix once 2.27 release is done.

Siddhesh

--
http://siddhesh.in