Question about building and using libmvec

I have a libmvec question.  Should it be possible to build libmvec on any
platform or is it just on x86?  The only abilist I see for libmvec
is sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/libmvec.abilist.  I did a build
on aarch64 with --enable-mathvec and it built fine, I got the following
files:

install/usr/lib64/libmvec.so
install/usr/lib64/libmvec.a
install/lib64/libmvec-2.26.9000.so
install/lib64/libmvec.so.1

But I did not get libmvec_nonshared.a and when I went to build gcc using
the glibc I had built, I got this error:

/home/sellcey/mvec/install/aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find /usr/lib64/libmvec_nonshared.a inside /home/sellcey/mvec/install
Makefile:610: recipe for target 'libstdc++.la' failed
make[5]: *** [libstdc++.la] Error 1

Should the glibc build have created and installed libmvec_nonshared.a?
If I have such a library will it get used at all on aarch64?  It looks
like this library is only called when using openmp pragmas, is that
correct?  There doesn't seem to be any gcc flag for generating calls
to this library.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@cavium.com