This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: ftruncate does not work with rw file handles
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Marc Pawlowsky <marcpawl at gmail dot com>, libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 21:25:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: ftruncate does not work with rw file handles
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGGvFctLtg=AHpjsn0LRKAc1ortiJzjrUTR0aU4MewLbHff6vA@mail.gmail.com>
On 12/12/2017 09:08 PM, Marc Pawlowsky wrote:
Is it intentional that ftruncate does not work with read/write file
handles, or am I doing somthing wrong?
"rw" opens a read-only file, the read-write mode is "r+" or "w+".