Forcing BIND_NOW for a symbol

Is there a way to tell the dynamic linker to resolve a function symbol
at load time, and not later, when the function is called?

I'm interested in both the case where this is a completely new symbol
(so we can do anything we want to make this happen), and existing
versioned function symbol.

The idea is to ensure that if there is an IFUNC handler for the symbol,
the handler is called at load time, and not later during program execution.

Florian