Local binding for new files in nptl

Hello there!

I'm trying to add some functions (C11 threads) to the nptl folder,
being able to compile it, and see the code of the functions with
objdump, read the symbols with nm, etc.

However, when trying to build an application with this version of
libpthread.so, I'm getting linking error, basically undefined
references to all the functions created. After a bit of reseach I
found out that those symbols had local bindings, while all the
pthread_* symbols were global.

My symbols are all declared without static keyword, so I still don't
get why this is happening and I have been looking through the source
to find an explanation but I can't get it yet. I would really
appreciate if someone can show some light on this as I'm getting
frustrated.

Obviously, it's not a glibc bug or issue, but a lack of knowledge for me.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

--
Juan Manuel Torres Palma.
Computer Science Student at Universidad de Granada.