This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: turn off VDSO on glibc side
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: heroxbd <heroxbd at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: libc-help <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 22:54:13 +0530
- Subject: Re: turn off VDSO on glibc side
- References: <87fvvymich dot fsf at proton dot in dot awa dot tohoku dot ac dot jp>
On 1 July 2013 20:35, heroxbd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> After some STFW, it seems related to
> The question is, can I just disable vdso loading in dynamic linker of
> glibc instead of requesting SA to upgrade the kernel?
Ask the SA to upgrade the kernel unless there's a really good reason
to stay on an old, possibly vulnerable kernel. You've solved the
wrong problem by disabling vdso.