Re: Minimal set of locale related files needed for gettext to workin an intramfs

Hi Didier,

Didier Spaier wrote:

> I use gettexet to localize the shell scripts. This works on the
> installed distribution, with glibc installed of course.
>
> But I should add as less files as possible to the installer in order
> not to increase significantly its size, as it has to be loaded into
> RAM.

Doesn't /usr/bin/gettext.sh come from the gettext project[1] rather
than libc?

For what it's worth, here's a minimal set of files from that project
used to support translated shell scripts: [2].  You might also want to
have a locale installed: [3].

Hope that helps,
Jonathan

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/