Re: Would like to help

On 10/4/2012 3:10 PM, Kenneth O'Brien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As recommended by Carlos, I'll continue my suggestion here. I'd like
> to contribute assembly optimizations to glibc.
>
> I think I'll begin with commenting existing code to get a feel for how
> things work.

Before you think about contributing to the project, please read through
the contribution checklist to make sure that you understand what it means
to contribute to glibc.

This project is a core library that is a key piece of the GNU/Linux
ecosystem. As such we follow some pretty strict rules that help keep
everything in order.

You can see the list here:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist

The most important thing is copyright assignment:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist#FSF_copyright_Assignment

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

Carlos O'Donell
Mentor Graphics / CodeSourcery
carlos_odonell@mentor.com
carlos@codesourcery.com