This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Is it possible to preserve flags for fetestexcept() inside signalhandler
- From: Ãngel GonzÃlez <keisial at gmail dot com>
- To: Jed Brown <jed at 59A2 dot org>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at systemhalted dot org>, libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 22:55:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: Is it possible to preserve flags for fetestexcept() inside signalhandler
- References: <CAM9tzSm0LsUnvxEbkcaOX_akXFQE2xodfsh0Ph=+wU-Hi-Wm_A@mail.gmail.com> <20120607175451.GA26038@lios> <CAM9tzS=SSTxyYzEyUBqnGAKC13BkO5cP2TS+uDbMqBRs5=x-kQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 07/06/12 22:46, Jed Brown wrote:
> Okay, thank you. If there is an opportunity to support this use case,
> it would save a lot of time in some HPC scenarios where it's expensive
> to get a core file or a debugging session.
Maybe it's easier for you to provide a wrapper program which ptraces the
process and gives the nice output instead of training your users.
(I think such program could -on some unix- be a thread of your own
process, but binaries are cheap anyway)