Re: wprintf failure when compiled with -fshort-wchar

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Alexey Kravets <mr.kayrick@gmail.com> wrote:
> The output is empty actually, which makes more sense. The eglibc has
> been compiled with short wchar, so the application compiled with long
> wchar is binary incompatible with it.
> The only problem is the output of the compatible application, which is
> "??" instead of "TEST".

How did you build your example?

How did you ensure the test was using the newly build libraries?

Did you get a clean testsuite run from your glibc build?

Unfortunately nobody I know tests with -fshort-wchar, so I don't know
if glibc works with short wchar_t.

What problem are you trying to solve by changing the ABI?