Re: Version mismatch libpthread/libthread_db

Hi Ryan,

thank you for this informative answer. I think I'll need some time to
research and digest all the details you've mentioned...
It didn't occur to me yet to check my cross-GDB configuration for
missing options; I'll have to do this on next occassion.

> This is a terrible assumption and as a result the following GDB patch
> set was introduced and this problem was fixed in cvs HEAD.
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-cvs/2009-05/msg00091.html

I feel inclined to try this patchset on my sources, but given the fact
that I'm still building with 2.6.1 while the patches are (apparently)
for 2.10.1 I don't have much hope...
As I already failed to build the toolchain with 2.7 due to differences I
wasn't able to overcome, I won't try to use 2.10.1 (BTW, is glibc-ports
obsolete starting with 2.10, or does it just take a while still to adapt
this package?).

> As a work around I've used the new Glibc's loader to invoke gdb
> because this sets the relative prefix directory for GDB correctly.  In
> a cross environment you'd have to have a native (to the local machine)
> GLIBC built so you could use it's loader to invoke the cross-GDB, and
> this doesn't seem like a good work around in that case.

For my understanding: With loader you mean ld? How would this call look
like; could you provide me an example, please?

Martin