From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org>
To: Daniel De La Zerda <danieldelazerda@gmail.com>
Cc: libc-help@sourceware.org
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2009 4:29:42 PM
Subject: Re: need to use lll_futex_wake_unlock in new code for glibc 2.4

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Daniel De La Zerda
<ddelazerda007@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So, how do I use x86_64's implementation of lll_futex_wake_unlock? I'm writing my own version of pthread_cond_signal() and it doesn't pick it up from <lowlevellock.h>...

You can't use the x86_64 implementation of lll_futex_wake_unlock, it's
embedded in the assembly for pthread_cond_signal e.g.
pthread_cond_signal.S. You'll have to copy a generic implementation
from another target, add it to x86_64's lowlevellock.h, and use that.

Why are you writing your own version of pthread_cond_signal? Just for
fun? Education?

Note: The generic pthread_cond_signal is located in nptl/pthread_cond_signal.c.