Re: abi check error in math

On 13 Mar 2009, Carlos O'Donell said:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Nix <nix@esperi.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 11 Mar 2009, JohnT verbalised:
>>> An error in math was set off by --enable-abi-check, I think. This
>>> happens with several recent glibc versions. This resulted from trying to
>>> test glibc-2.9. Here are the messages. I know almost nothing about shell
>>> scripting and am not qualified to fix it.
>>
>> I think this is an FP because the symlist isn't up to date, but the bug
>> I raised mentioning this (and other things) got WONTFIXed by Ulrich.
>> It looks like nobody cares about the symlist files anymore.
>
> What was the bug number?

7065, but it was really an aside to the main purpose of that bug report,
and I didn't mention the symlist stuff until after Ulrich had WONTFIXed
it. So I really over-egged the pudding in that comment. Perhaps people
really do care, just not enough to dig stuff out of obscure comments in
bug reports.

(Attila Tóth REOPENed the bug report, which even as the bug reporter I
think is somewhat impolite for a random passer-by to do :) )

(7066, a probable buffer overrun in strtold() reported by glibc's own
testsuite, has also had no attention since I opened it. That one's my
own damn fault for not pursuing it further and coming up with a patch, I
suppose.)