Re: Realloc returns NULL

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Jeff Baumes <jeff.baumes@kitware.com> wrote:
> When I set MALLOC_CHECK_=3 in my environment to abort when a problem
> is detected, I cannot get the program to crash. It apparently is using
> a different version of realloc?

No. The same version of realloc is used. At check action 3
malloc_printerr will print error messages to stderr when it detects an
error.

> Any other ideas for tracking this down?

Is your kernel mremap function broken?

The glibc realloc will preferentially use the kernel to remap and
expand the mmap'd chunk using mremap.

Try a different, older or newer, kernel.