.text.compat

I just checked in some changes which move the compatibility code in libc
into its own section, .text.compat.  The linker scripts will add the new
section at the end of the .text section.

The benefit is, of course, to move hopefully rarely used code out of the
usual body of code.  Currently these are about 13k on x86.  It has the
potential to improve paging behavior, maybe even icache usage.

Anyway, I looked through x86 only so far.  Other archs with compat
symbols which are not used by x86 need some work done.  Just add the
attribute_compat_text_section macro.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â