Re: Versioning longjmp etc.

Ulrich Drepper writes:

> > How about get/set/make/swapcontext? The size of ucontext will change
as a
> > result of VMX state in sigcontext. This requires versioning.
>
> Hasn't it already changed?  If not, yes, ppc sucks again and requires
> versioning.

Paul MacKerras submitted patches for PPC32 last month, PPC32 chips have
had VMX (AKA Altivec) for a while now. But the first PPC64 chips with VMX
have just started shipping (in the Apple G5) so this is a new issue for
PPC64. I've been waiting for the kernel headers (sigcontext) to settle.

BTW any man who thinks ppc sucks does not own a G5! ;)