Re: fileops.c:1618: warning: weak declaration of `_IO_do_write'after first use results in unspecified behavior

Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> writes:

> Those warnings have been appearing for a while now (I also see them with
> the RH variant of gcc-3.2), but I was too lazy to look into avoiding them
> until you spurred me.  I was able to get rid of those warnings just by
> reordering the decls in those files.  The weak decls don't need to appear
> before any other decl of the symbol, only before any reference in a
> function or another initializer.

I see now these warnings (at a different place!):
hooks.c:43: warning: weak declaration of `__malloc_initialize_hook' after first use results in unspecified behavior
hooks.c:45: warning: weak declaration of `__free_hook' after first use results in unspecified behavior
hooks.c:47: warning: weak declaration of `__malloc_hook' after first use results in unspecified behavior

The fileops warnings are gone,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger