Re: Copyrights patch

> On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 02:52, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
> >         * inet/getnameinfo.c: Deleted advertising clause from Inner Net License
> >         * sysdeps/posix/getaddrinfo.c: Likewise.
>
> Was this agreed to by the author?  This is *not* convered by UCB's
> decision.

Yes.  All copyright changes are carefully considered by the steering
committee with appropriate consultation with lawyers and necessary contacts
with other copyright holders before we make any changes.  In this case, we
got specific permission from Craig Metz to change the terms on his code.
In other cases where we change terms, we always secure necessary permission
first.  Noone on the SC will make any change like this without the full SC
having first agreed to all the details (and noone else should be making
such changes at all).  It's our job to be anal about this stuff, and we are.