Re: A patch for libio/tst-widetext.c

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:22:30PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:13:16PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> > > I've looked through the changes from 3.79 to 3.79.1 and the problem is
> > > that make tries to use the clock_*() functions which are new in 2.2
> > > (therefore you don't see the problem with glibc 2.1.3).  The clock_*()
> > > functions are in librt which brings in libpthread which restricts the
> > > stack size to 2MB.
> >
> > Yes, I just got through the same investigation.
> > I think I'll just disable clock_* checking in the configure script for now.
>
> Hi, Jakub,
>
> Just a thought. Is it related to the ntp problem which you mentioned
> it has something to do with clock_*() functions?

Not to my knowledge. make seemed to work well with clock_* functions in,
unlike ntp, so it is highly probably it is just ntp using bad code when
those functions are available. Unfortunately, it is quite hard to debug,
because it only happens when it is not under the debugger, is dettached from
tty etc. For now, we use the same hack which I did now for make - pretend no
clock_* in configure.

	Jakub