New ldconfig

I've written a new ldconfig which I'll place under the GPL and like to
get added to glibc.  ldconfig should be compatible with the current
ldconfig, but is missing some (IMHO not needed) options.  It has been
successfully tested on ix86, powerpc and alpha.

The program parses libraries of the same endianness and wordsize as
it's compiled for.  It currently can not handle 32 and 64 bit
libraries simultaneously (if compiled on a 64 bit platform, it parses
only 64bit libraries).  Is this needed anywhere?

I've placed the file ldconfig-19991123.tar.gz on
ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/  The files come with a make file for
building.  You need glibc 2.1 or newer for compilation.

I would appreciate to get your comments.  Is there anything missing
for integration into glibc?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger