Re: K&R and ISO

   From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
   Date: 08 Oct 1999 10:55:21 -0700

   I'll leave the two files glob.h and fnmatch.h alone until this is
   resolved.

Other headers that are shared with other GNU packages are error.h,
getopt.h, malloc.h, obstack.h and regex.h.

As far as I can tell error.h, getopt.h and obstack.h don't use too
much preprocessor madness to deal with K&R C.  Wolfgang probably has
something to say about malloc.h and maybe some other GNU developers
besides Alain (Jim Meyering?) have some wishes about regex.h.  Please
give them some time (more than a few days) to react before you touch
those files (if you plan to touch them at all).

   Anybody else want to comment.  So far we have three votes for yes
   (rth, roland, me).

I have no strong opinions.  Several Hurd specific include files
already use plain ISO C.  However be prepared to get flamed about this
issue.  The whole ``glibc developers force people to use gcc''
flamewar will start all over again :-(.

Mark