Re: 2.2 projects

Zack Weinberg <zack@rabi.columbia.edu> writes:

> Now it looks like 2.1 is in the can, we should start thinking about what we
> want to do for 2.2.  I already have a short list:

Oops, I foorgot to add one point:

- reaarange libm sources.  We have to create directories for the different
  formats instead of having all of them in one dir.  Some systems have no
  float and/or double, others have different long double formats.

  This is something which can be done non-desctructively so can go in in 2.2
  and if somebody could volunteer to look into this I'd appreciate it.

Longer-term project:

- rewrite libm.  I'm working with an mathematician from London on a rewrite.
  This will be a generic implementation which can be used to generate specific
  functions for a specific FP number format.  It's also using a different
  method than the old functions (similar to the one Geoff used to write exp2).