a few changes

I had to change the tolower/toupper macros in ctype.h.  There are
really people out there who call these functions with parameters which
cannot be characters.  The worst thing is: the ISO C standard supports
this.  All Unices have tolower and toupper real functions and _tolower
and _toupper provide optimized access.  Sigh.

Beside this I've found two more bugs in nss.  Libnss_files couldn't
handle buffer of size 1.  Every other size worked.

Both are no changes which require major testing and since I've not yet
seen a real bug report I think we can skip 2.0.112 and go for 2.1.  I
intend to give the people a few more days (probably Tuesday or so) and
if nothing is reported we go for it.  OK?