more changes

Hi,

I've added the INLINE_SYSCALL changes I posted yesterday.  Reason:

- nobody objected :-)

- they are fairly simple and disabled for anything but Linux/i386 so far.
  Of course each port maintainer can now come up with an appropriate
  definition of INLINE_SYSCALL.

I've tested the current this glibc version using the current mainline
egcs.  This egcs version has, due to some changes made a few months
ago, severe problems with inline asm on small register class machines.
I have several problems with the inlined string functions.  But with
the INLINE_SYSCALL I have no problem at all which I assume indicates
asm is easy enough.

On top on this we'll get in the next days significant reload
enhancements so that even the last problem should be gone.

So, give it a try and let the changes for the other architectures
coming.  Once you've done this don't forget to remove the stuff from
the architecure specific Makefile which I've added today.

[Geoff: now the PPC changes I made yesterday should work.]