Re: just checked in

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> Do you see a problem with my suggestion?

Yes.  Performace.

For the same reasons you wrote the functions initially the way you did
it is a bad idea to use extra parameters.  In 99% of all cases these
parameters are passed for nothing.

The hack I added is ugly because the ld.so relocation is too simple
minded.  To clean up the situation it is the correct solution is to
change it so that it is possible to have weak symbols.  This will add
far less performance overhead.

Until this time it is ok to use the hack since it is perfectly safe.

And about not using thread functions: why preventing the best
implementation?