Re: status

> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:28:11 +1000
> From: Geoff Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>

> - The next test that fails on my machine is linuxthreads/ex2.c, which
>   deadlocks (yuk!).  I can't work out why.  I hate that.  It must be a
>   kernel bug :-).

Of course, it was a compiler bug.  One which I knew about and had
bitten me before and I had still not recognised :-(.

[It's the one where somehow the GOT register is allocated to the same
hard register as another register.  In this case, the other register
had value 0, but that was OK because ld.so is loaded at address 0 for
'make check'.]

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@ozemail.com.au>