Re: status

I'm not sure exactly what the status of the Hurd port of glibc-2.1 is.  I
did some work last week to make it build ok and fix some known problems.
There are still some changes from Mark Kettenis <kettenis@phys.uva.nl> that
I have not merged in yet or had the time to deal with.  He probably has a
better idea than anyone this moment how the development libc sources work
on a Hurd system.  I have not been able to actually test running it myself.
(Hopefully I will be able to do more real work on it in a week or two.)

I do believe that it's now close enough that we can have it working in a
2.1 public release, unless you suddenly want to release next week or
something.

Also, for linux/x86 I'd like to make doubly sure that we have all the
symbol versions right and have not broken any backward compatibility.  I
think we need to resolve the libstdc++ problem in a better way before we
release.