Re: glibc and Unix98 PTY's

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> writes:

> Mark Kettenis <kettenis@phys.uva.nl> writes:
>
> > What do we do with 2.1.7x < kernel < 2.1.115, where TIOCGPTN has the
> > old semantics?
>
> For glibc we will in any case have to make the recommandation that no
> 2.1.x kernel is used.  There is , e.g., the recent ucred change and
> other chnage like chown which make allowing any 2.1.x kernel a
> nightmare.

I'm using latest development kernels (2.1.115 at the time) together
with glibc 2.0.7t.

Everything works fine, thanks, I'm a very satisfied man. :)

Now, the question *is*, can I use glibc 2.0.95 safely?

I would like to test aio_* functions and other new features (like new
terminals, for example), but I'm not sure will everything work
correctly, like it is now.

I like to be on the (b)leeding edge... :)
--
Posted by Zlatko Calusic           E-mail: <Zlatko.Calusic@CARNet.hr>
	  If you don't think women are explosive, drop one!