what's new

Hi,

Today I've added a few changes only.  First, LinuxThreads should work
now also for processors without compare&swap (or those which have to
add support for processors which don't have it).

The second bigger change is fixing termination of threads.  Now you
can actually start more than 1023 threads in total.

The __PMT change was already explained.

Thorsten sent some patches for NIS.

And finally: I've compiled glibc using -fstrict-aliasing from the
latest egcs.  Those of you following the egcs development will
remember the problems we had with John Carr's first aliasing code.
Now Mark Mitchell wrote the missing pieces of code and everything
works just fine.  Except that the ix86 specific code in glibc had a
bug (the __finite implementation in mathinline.h).  So, please compile
using --fstrict-aliasing on other platforms as well so that we can
signal ok to the egcs people to add this optimization to -O2.